USBPre Audio Settings in Windows Vista
Q: I am running Windows Vista on my home computer. After installing the drivers that came with the installation CD, I am only getting one channel from my USBPre. Am I missing something?
A: Windows Vista does not allow our software to change the default audio settings of the operating system, so this change should help you:
- Navigate the path Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound.
- In the new window, select the tab titled “Recording”.
- Choose the list item titled “Microphone USBPre Hardware”.
- Select “Properties”.
- In the new window, select the tab titled “Advanced”.
- In the drop down list set the channel count, bit depth, and sample rate to “2 Channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)”.
- Select “OK”.
You should now have both channels of audio . If you are only getting one channel you may need to restart your computer.