Wireless Remote Control for the 6-Series Mixer/Recorder Line
Work Smarter & Even Faster
Gain convenient, affordable remote control of your 688, 664, and 633 with Wingman, an Android and iOS-based application. Wingman provides clear views of metering and timecode display on the larger screens of Android or iOS smartphones and tablets.
The touchscreen interface is easy to use, comes in portrait and horizontal orientations, and provides fast remote-control access to key 6-Series functionality. With Wingman, users can:
- View meters, timecode, & framerate
- Start and stop audio recordings
- Enter & edit metadata
- Arm, disarm, & name tracks
- Circle a take
- Designate False takes
- Manage & create sound reports on the mixer
- Email sound reports from Android or iOS device
Bluetooth® Smart USB Technology
Wingman requires the WM-Connect hardware accessory to enable control of the 6-Series mixer/recorder line. It is a small, Bluetooth Smart USB dongle that easily inserts into the USB-B port of the mixer, via one of the included USB A-to-B adapters. For cart-based workflows, the accessory may also be inserted into the keyboard port of an attached CL-12 linear fader controller.
When multiple devices (6-Series mixers with WM-Connect or MixPre Series recorders) are on set, Wingman will display all available devices within range. Users may easily and efficiently switch connection from one device to another from within the app.
For increased security, a Wingman password may be set on the mixer/recorder requiring a login when connecting the Wingman app.
- Compatible with:
- iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch running iOS v8.0 or later
- Smart phone or tablet running Android v5.0 or later
- 688, 664, & 633 running 6-Series firmware v4.00 or later
- Required: WM-Connect, a Bluetooth® Smart USB accessory from Sound Devices
- Typical Line of Sight Range for WM-Connect:
About 50 feet, depending on RF conditions
- Remotely start/stop audio recordings
- Quickly arm / disarm tracks; rename tracks
- Edit metadata on the 6-Series mixers; real-time updates
- Tap touch screen to circle takes & designate False takes
- Create sound reports on the mixer; email reports (.csv file) from iOS mobile device
- Remotely monitor metered levels (and automixing activity on 688)
With the WM-Connect
|1||WM-Connect Bluetooth Smart USB dongle|
|1||USB-A to USB-B right-angle adapter|
|1||USB-A to USB-B cable adapter|
|1||Quick Start Guide|
Note: Users can use either adapter, depending on which work better for a given bag or cart.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.