"The SL-6 is so clean, intuitive and perfect for what I do as a sound mixer in the field. It is priceless."Joshua Baggett, president/sound supervisor of Mic'd Up Productions, Inc.
Powering and Wireless System for the 688 Mixer/Recorder
The SL-6 accessory combined with the 688 offers easy integration of multiple channels of wireless connectivity, mixing, recording and power management in a lightweight and easy-to-use package. The SL-6 simplifies interconnection between the 688 and multiple channels of wireless by accepting three dual-channel slot-in receivers, providing a total of six separate audio feeds. Easily attaching to the 688's top panel, the SL-6 offers all powering and audio interconnection for standard slot-in receivers and additional control and monitoring when used with SuperSlot™-compatible receivers. The SL-6 also distributes RF from external antennas to the receivers, creating a more efficient, compact configuration.
The SL-6 unifies powering options for the 688, wireless receivers, and peripherals devices. The SL-6 operates from a standard NP-1 (Lithium Ion or NiMH) rechargeable battery or from an external 10 to 18-Volt source via a 4-pin Hirose connector. There are two 12-Volt isolated, and two non-isolated outputs, each capable of delivering up to 0.5-Amp for powering other peripheral equipment. These power outputs are normally on, but may be switched off via a power selection menu. A 5-Volt USB charging port with a 2-Amp capacity is also included, making it easy to keep a smartphone, tablet, or other USB-powered devices charged.
Regarded as the industry’s first non-proprietary, open wireless control and interfacing standard, SuperSlot™, developed by Sound Devices, is the result of its collaboration with a number of leading wireless manufacturers including Lectrosonics, Wisycom, Sennheiser, and Audio Ltd. The standard allows for all powering and audio interconnection, plus control and monitoring between SuperSlot-compatible mixers and receivers. When used with SuperSlot-compatible receivers, the SL-6 enables RF spectrum scanning and frequency assignment directly from the 688's LCD.
SL-6 Compatible Wireless Receivers
(Audio and Powering)
(Control, Monitoring & RF Scan from 688 LCD)
|Audio Ltd||En2 CX2-P||✓||--|
|Lectrosonics||SRb||✓||✓ with audio board update from Lectrosonics|
|Sennheiser||EK-6042||✓||✓ (See ** Note)|
|Sennheiser||EK 3241||✓ (See * Note)||--|
|Wisycom||MCR42||✓||✓ with SLK42-IKSS rear panel adapter|
* Note: While the EK3241model is Unislot compatible for audio and powering, it is not compatible with the antenna distribution of the SL-6.
** Note: The EK-6042 does not support the SL-6 scan feature
- Accepts three dual-channel slot-in wireless receivers for a total of six channels.
- Compatible with existing slot-in and new SuperSlot wireless receivers.
- Ability to set SuperSlot-compatible receiver frequency and power on/off from the 688.
- Ability to monitor SuperSlot-compatible receiver battery, audio and RF levels from the 688.
- Accepts analog or digital audio depending on wireless receiver.
- Built-in antenna signal distribution
- NP-1 battery slot for powering 688, receivers and external peripherals.
- USB charging port.
- Two 12V isolated outputs.
- Two non-isolated direct battery outputs.
- PowerSafe 10-second power reserve.
- Easy to attach to the 688.
With the SL-6
|3||Wireless receiver mounting gaskets|
|2||BNC to SMA connection adapters|
|1||Product registration card|
|1||SL-6 Quick Start Guide|
|1||Full-line Audio Catalog|