“The Sound Devices MixPre-D is now my go-to for audio for my camera rig. I am always looking for quality as well as a small footprint on my setup, and the MixPre-D provides both."Barbara Green, Documentary Filmmaker (Burbank, California)
MixPre-D Field Mixer
The MixPre-D sets a new standard for compact, high-performance portable audio mixers. Powered by only two-AA batteries or 10-18 VDC, the MixPre-D is designed specifically for audio professionals needing the most flexible connectivity in production applications where capturing great sound is important, but size and weight are a concern. The MixPre-D is also a class compliant USB portable audio hardware interface for Mac OS, Windows or Linux computers.
At the heart of the MixPre-D are two studio-grade mic/line inputs with limiters, high-pass filters and available phantom power. Inputs can be linked in standard of MS mode for stereo recording applications. All input functions are configured with front panel controls.
To accommodate the increasing variety of cameras and devices used in production, the MixPre-D has incredible output flexibility. Outputs include balanced mic/line XLR, digital AES (XLR), dedicated consumer mic-level on a locking TA3 connector (designed specifically for DSLR-type inputs) and an aux-level output on 3.5 mm connection.
Easily Works with Your Device
The “D” in MixPre-D indicates the infusion of extensive digital technology. In addition to 24-bit AES digital outputs, USB audio streaming is provided for Mac OS, Windows or Linux computers. When the MixPre-D is connected to a computer with a USB cable, the operating system recognizes it as a USB Audio-Class-compliant device. No driver installation is required.
Complements Larger Production Mixers
A wide range of additional features in the MixPre-D make it a great complement to larger mixers, such as Sound Devices 302 Compact Production Field Mixer or 552 Portable Production Mixer. These features include: MS stereo matrix, tone oscillator, internal slate microphone, return monitoring of both analog and USB audio, high-gain headphone output and powering via two AA batteries or external 10-18 VDC source.
- Transformer-balanced mic/line selectable inputs
- 48-volt or 12-volt phantom power
- “Unclippable” input peak limiters, dual- mono or stereo linked operation
- Input panning to Left, Center or Right outputs
- Mid-Side Stereo (MS) matrix with width control and front-panel channel flip
- Return can be used as ch3/ch4 aux-level inputs, selectable pan and level control
- High-pass filters, 80 Hx or 160 Hz
- Slate microphone and tone oscillator
- Mic/Line/AES digital selectable outputs, digital SR of 44.1k, 48k, 96k
- USB streaming audio output for interconnection with Mac® OS, Windows®, Linux and iOS devices
- Dedicated mic-level output on locking TA3 connector for unbalanced camera inputs
- Headphone monitoring of program audio or external return audio
- Sunlight-viewable, 16-segment GaN LED output meter with adjustable brightness
- Internal battery-power from two AA
- External power input, 10-17 VDC
- High-strength, extruded aluminum chassis with metal connectors
With the MixPre-D
|1||USB-A to USB-mini-B, 5-pin cable|
|4||Adhesive Rubber "Bumpers"|
|1||Product registration card|
|1||Full-line Audio Catalog|
One-year standard warranty turns into two-years upon registration.
Click Here for more information.