Department: Sound Devices Europe
Reports to: Business Manager
Salary: Based on Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Berlin, Germany
Sound Devices Europe GmbH is searching for our Technical Support Representative! If you are a great communicator who loves helping customers, solving problems, and working with amazing gear, we want to meet you! Our customers work on some of the most recognizable television, movie and event productions in the world and when they need help, our support team is the who they call.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in English and German by email and telephone to customers regarding Sound Devices field production audio and video products concerning usage, installation, interconnection and compatibility.
- Provide support assistance to our partner distributors and resellers in the European market.
- Monitor, document and communicate the service process of customer devices and ensure fast turnaround times.
- Document symptoms, resolution details and customer contact.
- Identify fault trends and provide feedback to service, production, and engineering groups.
- Work closely with our service department and the US technical support team to share experience and provide the best possible support service to our clients.
- Other tasks as required (e.g. prepare shipping documents and invoices).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of field recording experience using audio mixers, field recorders, and wireless RF transmitter/receiver equipment.
- Familiarity with professional audio/video equipment operation and industry processes.
- Symptom recognition and verification of faulted professional audio and video equipment.
- Business fluency in English and German is mandatory, other languages are an advantage.
- Familiarity with Microsoft OS and Apple OS and related programs.
- Familiarity with SalesForce or comparable, preferred.
- Experience with digital audio and video editing applications is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Sound Devices Europe GmbH offers a pleasant working atmosphere in a small team with the perspective to advance and become successful with diversified tasks and growing responsibilities.
If you are interested and you have what it takes, please send us an email with the name of the position you are inquiring including:
- Motivation summary,
- Relevant testimonials, and
- Salary expectations and earliest possible start date.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with your questions. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sound Devices Europe GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 29
Sound Devices Europe GmbH, Berlin, Germany, is the wholly owned subsidiary of Sound Devices LLC , Reedsburg, WI, USA – manufacturer of professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders and related equipment used in television, motion picture and music production all over the world. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.