Department: Support Department
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
Salary: Based on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Reedsburg, WI
Sound Devices, a worldwide leader of portable production sound products, is searching for an experienced Technical Support Representative to join our established team audio gurus. Our crew assists professionals who work on some of the most recognizable television, movie, and event productions in the world. If you love helping customers, enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving, and want to work with amazing audio, wireless, and video gear, we want to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist our customers, from hobbyist to advanced users, by providing product support via telephone and email.
- Monitor Facebook, forums, and other social media platforms, offering guidance when needed.
- Troubleshoot audio and video systems remotely to identify faulty equipment or improper system configurations.
- Issue RMAs to customers, resellers, and distributors who wish to have their Sound Devices equipment serviced.
- Document field reports and identify possible trends.
- Be available at least 1 day a week for early support hours.
- Help customers understand basic functionality of a product they have acquired and supply relevant resources when necessary (instruction manual links, documentation, specs, etc.).
- Advise customers with pre-sales questions about our products.
- Verify the customer-reported problems of a device once it arrives for service and accurately convey this information to technicians who will repair the unit.
- Identify replacement parts for customers.
- Run credit card authorizations for payment of services to be rendered.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 3-5 years of field recording experience using audio mixers, field recorders, and wireless RF transmitter/receiver equipment.
- 2-year Associate’s degree in Audio Recording or a related field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft OS and Apple OS and related programs.
- Experience with digital audio and video editing applications is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of 32-bit audio recording workflow.
- Experience with sound mixing or live sound recording a plus.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- No Visa Sponsorship available.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with the name of the position you are inquiring, or send a cover letter and resume via fax to +1 (608) 524-0655, ATTN: Human Resources. No telephone inquiries, please!
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion picture, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product. To view our product lineup, please visit www.sounddevices.com.