Reports to: Lead test Engineer
Salary: Based on Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Madison, WI
Sound Devices is currently looking for a motivated Engineering Technician. This individual will work with engineering to bring up and test prototype hardware, new products, and aid in releasing products to production. The position will require the individual to read schematics, and data sheets in order to troubleshoot problems to the component level and repair the circuit.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Help with testing, debugging, and modifications to prototype and pre-production hardware.
- Ability to create drawings and process documentation for production.
- Help with training of production technicians as product is released.
- Experience with Design tools like PADS Logic and PADS Layout.
- Experience with professional audio.
Basic Education and Experience:
- AS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years experience in product development or manufacturing support.
- Excellent SMT soldering and rework skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, layout drawings, and data sheets.
- Ability to troubleshoot both Analog and Digital circuits to the component level and repair the circuit.
- Some programming will be required.
- Experience with embedded processors and firmware.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter via E-mail with the name of the position you are inquiring to [email protected] No telephone inquiries, please!
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion picture, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class products. To view our product line up, please visit www.sounddevices.com.
*Visa sponsorship not available. Must be eligible to work in the United States.