Department: Product Development
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Madison, WI
Dynamic company has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work in new product development and to help support current production. This individual will be responsible for the design, prototyping, costing, and support of all mechanical components. The ability to handle several concurrent projects is needed as well as a creative, artistic eye for product design.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience in an engineering environment.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Mechanical design for new product development - design of mechanical components that meet the required performance specifications
- Help with tracking of materials, mechanical parts, bill-of-materials, and subassemblies for product development team
- Maintenance of existing CAD designs and execution of ECNs when required
- Identification of long lead time parts
- Product testing, both destructive and non-destructive
- Manufacturing support for new and existing products
- Design and specification of electromechanical interfaces and printed circuit board outlines
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of mechanics, materials, and mechanical components
- Understanding of methods and tools used for mass production of mechanical parts
- 2 years + experience using 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor strongly preferred)
- Experience with 2D Autocad, Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, MS Office
- Mastery of design fundamentals including tolerance analysis, Design for Manufacturing, and cost/quality sensitivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work weekend and/or evening hours when required
- Experience using a mill, drill press, lathe, and other light machining tools for prototyping
- A lifetime of taking apart/repairing/making all sorts of mechanical items.
- Familiarity with audio recording processes and equipment
- Interest and experience in audio design, music, and use of audio products
- Design experience with forming, extruding, laser-cutting, injection molding, machining, anodizing, plating, powder coating.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send to [email protected] your resume with cover letter via E-mail with the name of the position you are inquiring about. No telephone inquiries, please!
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion picture, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class products. To view our product line up, please visit www.sounddevices.com.