Department: Production / Reports to Production Manager
Location: Reedsburg, Wisconsin / Full Time
Compensation: Competitive / Based on experience
Sound Devices is currently looking for a motivated individual to help support production by qualifying new vendors and resolving day-to-day production issues. This role will be primarily responsible for transitioning products from Engineering to Production. It is desirable that the individual be capable of justifying improvements and making schematic changes.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years experience in product development or manufacturing support
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Qualify new vendors, establish documentation.
- Validate replacement parts for use in existing designs.
- Continuous improvement of current product designs through cost reduction.
- Look for ways to improve standard test times / first pass yield.
- Contact vendors on PCB, PCBA and other electrical issues.
- Collaborate with the Repair Department and document issues.
- Manage and Update ECNs.
- Other duties as required.
Required knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and expertise with PADS
- Ability to read schematics and validate functionality of the product.
- Exposure to embedded control and firmware design.
- Exposure to programing languages such as VB, MySQL and ASP.
- Ability to troubleshoot and validate hardware.
- Knowledge of test fixture design, production test programs, and in-circuit testing.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with the name of the position you are inquiring about, or send a cover letter and resume via fax to +1 (608) 524-0655, ATTN: Human Resources. No telephone inquiries, please!
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion picture, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.
Visa sponsorship not available