Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Vice President of Finance and Operations
Salary: Based on Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Reedsburg WI with some local travel required
Sound Devices, a multi-location manufacturer, is looking for a System Administrator who will administer and maintain all information technology systems and telecommunications equipment, as well as contribute to the development of the company’s overall IT strategy.
- Provide on-site support of client and server hardware, software, and network connectivity issues for internal staff and external vendors
- Responsible for the purchase, installation, and life-cycle maintenance of all IT hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment while working within budgetary requirements
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and training for computer systems operations and telecommunications equipment
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with up-to-date hardware and software
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a current and accurate inventory of company technology hardware, software, and resources
- Responsible for monitoring data backups to ensure that they are completed on a daily basis
- Maintain a log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Maintain an accurate network diagram of the total company IT environment
- Research existing and future resources, services, and best practices for recommendations to enhance company productivity
- Install and configure client workstations, including hardware and software setup, and setup in Active Directory
- Administer Google Apps environment, including user and configuration management, including mobile users
- Maintain accurate network accounts and passwords
- Regularly pen test company environment and perform security audit to identify security vulnerabilities
- Monitor fire and security systems
- Maintain and manage IP assignment and routing tables
- Identify and prepare hardware for lifecycle management
- Maintain fixed asset listing
- Respond to internal user questions on hardware and software usage - help desk activity
- Perform other related duties as required
Basic Education and Experience:
- Four year college degree or equivalent
- A minimum of five years in a direct IT role managing and maintaining a multi-user computer environment
- Certificates in CCENT, CCNA, MCSA, or MCSE are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps for Work environment
- Knowledgeable about IT exploits, PEN testing
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with the name of the position you are inquiring about, or send a cover letter and resume via fax to +1 (608) 524-0655, ATTN: Human Resources. No telephone inquiries, please!
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion picture, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.
* Visa sponsorship not available