Why Sound Devices?
The world’s leading manufacturer of portable audio recording equipment for film and television professionals has a great opportunity for a highly driven, detail-oriented Director of Marketing with a background in digital marketing and copy/technical writing. Film buffs are welcome!
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Salary||Based on Experience|
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. Our products have been used in high-profile movies such as Star Wars: The Force Awakens, La La Land, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Star Trek: Into the Darkness, Deadpool, and beloved episodic series including Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, Squid Game, Gentleman Jack, Cutthroat Kitchen, Black Mirror, Modern Family, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Top Gear, and many more. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products.
We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. This position is office-based in the Madison, WI location.
- Lead the marketing function as part of the senior management team.
- Develop short and long-term marketing strategy for all products and communications.
- Manage team of marketers specializing in social media, content marketing, and web development.
- Set KPIs for all marketing programs, analyze all campaigns for efficacy based on agreed goals and develop as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule product announcements, including creative deliverables, messaging, and advertising.
- Write persuasive copy and technical descriptions for products, as well as material for press.
- Create and manage budget according to company goals.
- Ensure marketing complies with worldwide privacy legislation.
- Hire and manage freelancers to fulfill various creative roles.
- Proven results in digital marketing at previous positions.
- At least 3 years marketing experience with at least 1 year in management.
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing abilities. Please submit writing samples with your resume.
- Advanced digital marketing proficiency (Meta/Google Ads, email marketing, SEO, etc).
- Project management experience, well-versed with tight product release deadlines.
- Experience marketing highly technical products.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with at least 3 years in management.
- Background in audio engineering/production sound.
- Proven experience developing markets.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe CC.
- Web design/management experience.