Reports to: CEO
Location: Reedsburg, WI and Madison, WI
At Sound Devices, our strength lies in how we efficiently deliver leading-edge products to customers, and we’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue growing, we’re seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join a highly skilled team. The ideal candidate will have senior management experience in a dynamic setting. The role requires outstanding organizational, communication, and leadership skills and an ability to develop innovative solutions that push boundaries. The Director of Operations will work closely with executives to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success for the company.
- Manage all personnel in Production, Purchasing, and MRP to attain maximum efficiency and quality, while maintaining schedules at planned costs.
- Manage in-house Manufacturing.
- Manage Contract Manufacturers.
- Research new vendors that can add value to the supply chain.
- Participate in the development and execution of business plans and budgets based on corporate objectives.
- Develop, recommend, and implement manufacturing procedures and processes that result in continuous improvement of cost, quality, and delivery.
- Work with Supply Chain partners to achieve the best inventory levels.
- Manage, lead, and motivate direct reports to achieve all objectives.
- Mentor team members at all levels to maximize their potential.
- Report regularly to Management on progress, successes, and new opportunities.
- Work with R&D department on new products to ensure design for manufacture.
- Participate in and lead projects in sustainability.
- Available for travel up to 10-20% of the time, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- 10 years’ experience running Manufacturing, Production Control, Purchasing, and directly managing others.
- Tons of common sense and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, willing to listen to other points of view.
- Able to make decisions taking in all the facts and relying on a “gut” instinct, while taking responsibility for the outcome.
- Expertise in electronics assembly and PCBA manufacturing.
- Experience with MRP/ERP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable open dialog with all colleagues throughout the organization.
- Excellent multitasking skills and the ability to complete tasks.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Ability to have priorities change at the drop of a hat and gracefully change course.
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, VTL, LTD, paid time off and parental leave.
The above statements are a general description of the work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. No visa sponsorship available.
To apply for this position, E-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion pictures, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.