Audio Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sound Devices and a manufacturer of professional wireless audio products that are used in film, television and music production all over the world, is searching for an experienced Electronics Technician to join our expanding service operations. We promote a team environment and offer ongoing training and support. If you’re an Electronics Enthusiast who enjoys component level troubleshooting, we want to meet you! We have a full time Electronics Technician position opening at our Watford England facility.
|Position:||Electronics Bench Technician|
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio, video, and wireless equipment to the component level.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products while following ESD control standards.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Perform functional and automated tests on Audio Ltd and Sound Devices products.
- Provide a detailed summary of the work performed for each repair.
- Identify and document failure trends.
- Perform preventative maintenance on test station equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Ability to troubleshoot analogue and digital circuitry to the component level.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Proficient in the use of digital storage oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, stereo microscopes, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of standard ESD preventative practices.
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment, audio circuitry, RF, and switching power supplies a plus.
- No Visa Sponsorship available.
Audio Ltd offers a competitive compensation package. The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. To apply for this position, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV, cover letter and salary requirements.