Audio Ltd is a manufacturer of professional wireless audio products that are used in television, motion picture and music production all over the world. To view our product lineup, please visit https://www.audioltd.com.
If you’re an Electronics Enthusiasts who enjoys component level troubleshooting, we want to meet you! We have a full time Electronics Technician position opening at our Watford, England, facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio and video equipment including field mixers, digital recorders, and digital wireless systems to the component level.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products while following ESD control standards.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Build and repair customized cable assemblies to print.
- Provide a detailed summary of the work performed for each repair.
- Identify and report quality issues and failure trends.
- Perform functional and automated tests on Sound Devices products.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Proficient in the use of digital storage oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, stereo microscopes, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of ESD control standards.
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment, audio circuitry and switching power supplies a plus.
Audio Ltd offers a competitive compensation package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail with your CV to [email protected] with the name of the position you are applying for.