Sound Devices is looking for Embedded/FPGA Software Engineers to join our team. Our audio and RF products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and in other mission critical applications–so the hardware you work on will be both interesting and technically challenging. Sound Devices offers a great collaborative environment where you can work amongst experienced engineers who have designed a lot of cool products and who are eager to teach, and also to learn. This position requires equal parts FPGA, software and hardware knowledge, and entails the design, development and support of FPGA logic in VHDL and embedded real-time software in C and C++. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of operating systems, multithreaded programming, and device drivers. Recent or upcoming graduates with engineering experience outside of the classroom are encouraged to apply.
|Position:||Embedded/FPGA Software Engineer (Entry/Mid Level)|
|Reports To:||Director of Engineering|
|Salary:||Based Upon Experience|
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing FPGA logic in VHDL on production hardware or evaluation boards
- Experience developing software in C or C++ for embedded systems
- Experience developing software for Linux and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience writing device drivers or device-level programming
- Experience with common IC devices and protocols (EEPROM, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Familiarity with hardware debugging tools (oscilloscope, DMM, JTAG, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to accomplish work independently and collaborate with other software and hardware engineers
- Tons of common sense, excellent troubleshooting skills, non-stop curiosity, and a thirst to self-educate about new technologies
- Knowledge of professional audio is a plus.
- Knowledge of RF systems is a plus.
- Having “let the smoke out” of a piece of hardware is a plus; if flames were produced, an added bonus.
- UNFORTUNATELY, NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. The aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.