Why Sound Devices?
The world’s leading manufacturer of portable audio recording equipment for film and television professionals has a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic Engineering Project Manager. Film buffs are welcome!
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Reports To||VP of Engineering|
|Salary||Based on Experience|
You’ll work with the engineers behind our high-performance audio gear to deliver the equipment that will record audio on your next favorite movie or TV show. Our products have been used in high-profile movies such as Star Wars: The Force Awakens, La La Land, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Star Trek: Into the Darkness, Deadpool, and beloved episodic series including Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, Squid Game, Gentleman Jack, Cutthroat Kitchen, Black Mirror, Modern Family, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Top Gear, and many more. Sound Devices equipment is also used for sports and news broadcast, academic research, podcasting, streaming and recording music – just to name a few applications!
- Establish when new products/firmware will be ready for release and communicate deadlines to the rest of the organization.
- Create primary schedules for all new product developments, encompassing:
- Software, both Embedded Firmware and PC/Mac/iOS/Android apps
- Mechanical design
- Electronic design
- Compliance testing
- Work with individual engineers to establish completion times for project tasks and make product launch to production as seamless as possible.
- Monitor all engineers for progress on projects.
- Be creative and resourceful with development time and project parameters to maintain or shorten schedules.
- Run daily Software stand-up meetings.
- Give daily/weekly reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Maintain complete BOMs for the entire product.
- Keep track of costs for the entire product.
- Schedule product introductions and coordinate sample runs.
- Establish design priorities based on risk and lead time assessments.
- Maintain totals of all R&D activities per engineer for tax purposes.
- 4 year Engineering degree preferred, but not a requirement.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong desire to ‘get things done.’
- 3 years of experience in Engineering Project Management.
- Familiarity with Agile and other development methods
- Good understanding of MRP/ERP systems