Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Madison WI
Sound Devices is looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer/Technician to join our team. Our audio and RF products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and in other mission critical applications–so the hardware you work on will be important, interesting, and technically challenging. Sound Devices offers a great collaborative environment where you will work amongst many excellent engineers who have produced a lot of cool products and who are eager to teach, and also to learn.
In this position, you will be very “hands on” to bring up and test prototype hardware and new products and assist in releasing products to production. You will also be required to read schematics and data sheets in order to troubleshoot problems to the component level and verify, repair, and modify circuits. You need to possess excellent soldering and mechanical skills as well as native fluency with all sorts of test equipment such as scopes and logic analyzers.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development or manufacturing support.
- Excellent SMT soldering and rework skills required. Please do not apply unless you are already well versed in soldering.
- Good mechanical assembly skills.
- Ability to test, debug, and modify prototype and pre-production hardware.
- Ability to help train production technicians as products are released.
- Experience with design tools like PADS Logic and PADS Layout.
- Experience with analog, digital, and RF circuitry.
- Experience with professional audio.
- Strong work ethic and curiosity are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, layout drawings, and data sheets.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analog, digital, and RF circuits to the component level.
- Experience with embedded processors, firmware, and FPGAs.
- Knowledge of test fixture design, production test programs.
- Unfortunately, no VISA sponsorship available
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, VTL, LTD, paid time off and parental leave.
The above statements are a general description of the work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. No visa sponsorship available.
To apply for this position, E-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion pictures, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.