Sound Devices is looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer/Technician to join our team. Our audio and RF products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and in other mission critical applications–so the hardware you work on will be important, interesting, and technically challenging. Sound Devices offers a great collaborative environment where you will work amongst many excellent engineers who have produced a lot of cool products and who are eager to teach, and also to learn.
In this position, you will be very “hands on” to bring up and test prototype hardware, new products, and aid in releasing products to production. You will also be required to read schematics and data sheets in order to troubleshoot problems to the component level and verify, repair, and modify circuits. You need to possess excellent soldering and mechanical skills as well as native fluency with all sorts of test equipment such as scopes and logic analyzers.
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development or manufacturing support.
- Excellent SMT soldering and rework skills required. Please do not apply unless you are already well versed in soldering.
- Good mechanical assembly skills.
- Testing, debugging, and modifications to prototype and pre-production hardware.
- Help with training of production technicians as products are released.
- Experience with Design tools like PADS Logic and PADS Layout.
- Experience with analog, digital, and RF circuitry.
- Experience with professional audio.
- Strong work ethic and curiosity are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, layout drawings, and data sheets.
- Ability to troubleshoot Analog, Digital, and RF circuits to the component level and repair the circuit.
- Experience with embedded processors, firmware, and FPGAs.
- Knowledge of test fixture design, production test programs.
- Unfortunately, no visa sponsorship available
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. Each of us wears many hats, and the aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.