Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Reedsburg, WI
Sound Devices, LLC of Reedsburg WI is currently searching for a Manufacturing/Quality Engineer. The Manufacturing/Quality Engineer will work closely with purchasing, manufacturing, engineering and service to reduce costs primarily through improved efficiencies in inspection and manufacturing, lowering scrap rates and improving vendor performance. For the right candidate, Sound Devices offers an opportunity to operate creatively and autonomously to contribute to the successes of their Manufacturing and Engineering teams.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with vendors and purchasing department to resolve quality issues and improve vendor performance.
- Support manufacturing in solving quality and production problems.
- Provide training and assistance to manufacturing.
- Participate and contribute to safety program.
- Design assembly and test fixtures.
- Coordinate and interface with product development team during the development, manufacture and introduction of new products.
- Design, develop, and improve assembly instructions and documentation.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Associate’s degree in a manufacturing or engineering related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in manufacturing including supervisory experience and experience working with vendors on quality issues. Advanced education will be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Experience creating, revising, and reading prints with AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with basic machine shop equipment and precision measuring instruments.
- Familiar with the basics of laser cutting, screw machining, injection molding, anodizing and powder coating.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, VTL, LTD, paid time off and parental leave.
The above statements are a general description of the work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. No visa sponsorship available.
To apply for this position, E-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion pictures, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.