Wireless Remote Control for the MixPre Series Recorders
Work Smarter & Even Faster
Sound Devices Wingman app gives MixPre Series users convenient remote control via Android or iOS devices. Wingman also provides clear views of metering and timecode display on the larger screens of mobile devices. The touch-screen interface is easy to use and provides fast access to key functionality on MixPre Series audio recorders. With Wingman, users can:
- View meters, timecode & framerate
- Start and stop audio recordings
- Enter & edit metadata
- Arm, disarm, & name tracks
- Undo last recorded file
Sound Devices Wingman app for iOS and Android mobile devices is available as a free download from Sound Devices. No additional hardware required!
As a major benefit of any MixPre Series recorder, Bluetooth Smart technology is built into the recorder for instant, easy integration to the Sound Devices Wingman app.
For increased security, a Wingman password may be set on the recorder requiring a login when connecting the Wingman app.
If multiple Wingman-enabled devices (MixPre Series or 6-Series) are on set, Wingman will display all available devices within range. Users may easily and efficiently switch connection from one device to another from within the app. As an additional security measure, users have the ability to set up a remote password on the device itself.
- Compatible with:
- Smartphones and tablets running Android v5.0 or later
- iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch running iOS v8.0 or later
- MixPre-3 & MixPre-6 running firmware v1.00 or later
- MixPre-10M (Audio projects only)
- Remotely start/stop audio recordings
- Quickly arm / disarm tracks; rename tracks
- Edit metadata on the MixPre Series recorders; real-time updates
- Tap touch screen to undo last recorded file
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.