Sound Devices is looking for a motivated purchasing agent and entry level planner to join our team.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products.
We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England.
The right candidate will be responsible for managing our component inventories and purchasing for our UK and Reedsburg service centers. This position will also require training in MRP and forecast management with the objective to take on all MRP and forecast management in addition to Service Department Inventory management.
- Entry Level forecast management.
- Read, interpret and understand MRP basics.
- BOM maintenance and revision control.
- Component procurement and component delivery coordination to support contract manufacturing.
- Sourcing and purchasing material and services for new product development.
- Participate in new vendor vetting and contract negotiations.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree in business administration, procurement, or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar position.
- Experience working with MRP programs.
- The ability to speak and/or read Taiwanese and/or Chinese preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Some flexibility on working hours.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big difference. We are a hard-working
team and we make magic happen. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to
[email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone