Sound Devices is currently looking for a motivated QA Engineer. This individual will work within the Engineering department to test, identify, and document issues with Sound Devices hardware and software products under development. The ideal candidate will have the following skills or a demonstrable ability to develop skills in the following areas:
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying issues with the firmware or hardware of Sound Devices products.
- Identifying issues with Sound Devices software products.
- Documenting and communicating investigation and test results.
- Setup, performance, and maintenance of procedural test routines.
- Other office related tasks.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year associates degree or equivalent.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and proven advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio equipment and concepts.
- Ability to identify problems and what steps need to be taken to produce them.
- Ability to identify problems with User Interface and Audio quality.
- Ability to stay on task and problem solve.
- Proficient in the use of Mac OS and Windows computers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to learn quickly and have fun.
- Unfortunately, no visa sponsorship available
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. The aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England.