Position: Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Global Sales
Location: Madison, WI
Sound Devices, an industry-leading manufacturer of professional audio products for television and film production has a rare opportunity for an experienced sales professional with a passion for audio. Our Sales team has the honor to work with the world’s leading sound professionals, would you like to be one of them?
As a member of our sales team, you will be responsible for creating and managing ongoing sales territory development and individual account management in the USA and in global markets. This includes building strong relationships with end customers and channel partners.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing development and management of the sales channel in assigned territories.
- Collaborate directly with resellers/distributors to set and achieve goals.
- Qualify sales opportunities to determine the value, next steps and follow up required.
- Create new sales leads and opportunities from your outbound initiatives.
- Coordinate travel to territories and customer visits.
- Conduct sales and product training or seminars in local markets or via web.
- Provide information from the field to various areas within the company.
- Attend industry events such as NAB, IBC, AES, SXSW, and others.
- Work closely with all departments in a positive and productive manner.
- Expected to travel 35% of the time both in and outside the USA.
- Stay current on the operational knowledge of our products and related technology.
Summary of Qualifications
Education / Training:
- College or University diploma required. 4-year degree desirable.
- Additional education or training is encouraged.
- At least four years of successful direct sales and/or sales channel management, preferably in the professional audio industry.
- Prefer experience working with Distributors and Resellers.
- Strong working knowledge of professional equipment and workflow in our industry. This includes audio recorders, mixers, and wireless (RF) microphones.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to quickly pinpoint problems, come up with solutions and act promptly.
- Ability to analyze information, weigh the evidence and choose the best course of action for a situation.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
- Confident in making decisions and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and effective public speaker
Computer & Software knowledge:
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs, Keynote and/or PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a benefit, but not required.
- Experience with professional audio editing and RF coordination software a plus.
Sound Devices is a manufacturer of professional products targeting the TV, Film and Broadcast industries. Our products include audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with our equipment, leading broadcast organizations worldwide to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package. To apply, email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: [email protected].
*Visa sponsorship not available. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.