Sound Devices is looking for a rock star Hardware/FPGA Engineer to join our team. Our audio products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and on other mission critical applications – so the hardware you work on will be both interesting and technically challenging. If you can architect, write, and troubleshoot VHDL four times faster than anyone you know, then you belong here in our band. Responsibilities include design, development and support of complex designs utilizing high-speed buses, multi-gigabit transceivers, and complex processing within the FPGA gates.
|Position:||Senior Hardware/FPGA Engineer/Rock star|
|Reports To:||Director of Engineering|
|Salary:||Based Upon Experience|
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
- 5 years minimum professional design experience.
- Very strong hardware background, preferably having worked with circuitry since being a kid.
- Must possess tons of common sense, excellent troubleshooting skills, non-stop curiosity, and a thirst to educate yourself on new technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of VHDL, ActiveHDL, Vitis, Chipscope.
- Strong knowledge of timing issues.
- Strong knowledge of RF systems, audio systems, video systems, microcontrollers.
- Must be confident, but able to keep the ego in-check.
- Must be able to adapt to design methodologies used by us.
- Must be able to both work independently without oversight, and also work well as part of the team.
- Must be ready to always learn, and design incredibly cool products.
- Familiarity with and ability to write embedded software in C/C++ is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of professional audio is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of RF systems is a plus.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. Each of us wears many hats, and the aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.