Sound Devices is looking for a rock star Software Engineer to join our team. Our audio products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and on other mission critical applications – so the software you work on will be both interesting and technically challenging. If you can architect, write, and troubleshoot code better than anyone you know, then you belong here in our band. Extensive knowledge of software development targeting Linux and real-time operating systems such as FreeRTOS is required. Responsibilities include design, development and support of complex multi-threaded embedded applications running on our custom-designed hardware. Experience developing for Android and iOS is a plus.
|Position:||Senior Software Engineer/Rock star|
|Reports To:||Director of Engineering|
|Salary:||Based Upon Experience|
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
- 5+ years professional experience developing software for Linux and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and multi-threaded programming concepts.
- Experience planning and designing complex software systems and subsystems.
- Experience writing device drivers and device level programming.
- Knowledge of hardware concepts and communication protocols (USB, ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.).
- Excellent ability to accomplish work independently and collaborate with other software and hardware engineers.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Must possess tons of common sense, excellent troubleshooting skills, non-stop curiosity, and a thirst to educate yourself on new technologies.
- Strong communication skills to work and coordinate with other teams (product design, hardware design, project management, etc.).
- Familiarity with iOS and/or Android development.
- Strong knowledge of professional audio is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of RF systems is a plus.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. Each of us wears many hats, and the aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.