For over 20 years, Sound Devices has created premier audio equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Watford, UK.
If you’re an Electronics Enthusiasts who enjoys component level troubleshooting, we want to meet you! We have a full-time, first shift Electronics Technician position opening at our Reedsburg Wisconsin facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio and video equipment including field mixers, digital recorders, and digital wireless systems to the component level.
- Setup, modify, and troubleshoot automated test stands.
- Investigate product failure trends.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products using ESD precautions.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Build and repair customized cable assemblies to print.
- Perform PM with test station equipment.
- Document all service work performed in detail.
- Identify and report quality issues and failure trends.
- Perform functional and automated tests on Sound Devices products.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Proficient in the use of digital storage oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, stereo microscopes, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understanding of ESD control standards.
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog, digital and RF circuitry to the component level.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment, audio circuitry and switching power supplies a plus.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with the name of the position you are inquiring, or send a cover letter and resume via fax to +1 (608) 524-0655, ATTN: Human Resources. No Visa Sponsorship available. No telephone inquiries, please!