Do you love audio engineering and film? Sound Devices is looking for a witty, organized, and creative Social Media Manager & Content Creator to join our team. Our audio recorders and RF products have been behind the audio on your favorite films and TV shows, such as La La Land, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Game of Thrones, and many more. As Sound Devices’ Social Media Manager, you will often speak directly with the great sound mixers using our gear on many of these productions. You’ll plan and write engaging social posts for our platforms, respond to customer comments as your friendly, entertaining self, develop relationships with our customers, and plan campaigns, promotions, and giveaways to keep our customers coming back for more great content.
The other side of your role will be preparing content for the social platforms. You’ll work with our top engineers to script educational videos, then record voice-overs, film our products, and edit them into easy-to-follow videos. You’ll also assist our photographer and web developer during product launches. This is the perfect position for someone who considers themselves an all-around creative and go-getter and wants to do actually interesting work during their 9-5. This position is in-person at Sound Devices’ Madison, WI office.
|Position:||Social Media Manager|
& Content Creator
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
|Reports To:||Director of Marketing|
- Previous experience managing social media for a non-personal account. Portfolio of social posts you have planned and written required. Social posts should show personality!
- Beginner experience with audio engineering: at minimum, you can use a DAW to record your voice on a microphone and understand basic audio processing.
- Excellent customer relationship skills, friendliness, and tact.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with some presentation experience.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- A love of learning and the ability to learn quickly.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree in Marketing, Audio Engineering, or Film Production.
- Advanced audio engineering skills.
- Previous sound recording/mixing experience on a video production.
- Previous experience with Sound Devices equipment.
- Beginner to advanced proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Knowledge of basic lighting and filming techniques.
- Previous experience with product photography and retouching.
- Beginner graphic design skills.
- Beginner proficiency in After Effects.
- Previous on-camera presentation experience.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble, hard-working team where you can make a big difference. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send a resume and cover letter with a portfolio of social media posts and content you’ve created for social media via email to [email protected]. Portfolios/work examples can be included as links within the cover letter or as a separate document. Resumes without portfolios will not be considered. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin. We also have offices in Madison, Wisconsin and London, England.
Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.