Sound Devices is looking for entry level Software Engineers to join our team. Our audio products are used by demanding professionals in Hollywood, on tour, in the Olympics, in the wild and on other mission critical applications – so the software you work on will be both interesting and technically challenging. Sound Devices offers a great collaborative environment where you can work amongst experienced engineers who have designed a lot of cool products and who are eager to teach and also looking to learn from you. Responsibilities include design, development and support of embedded software in C and C++. This position requires work or project experience developing embedded software, experience programming in C or C++, and an understanding of operating systems, multithreaded programming and device drivers. Experience developing for Android, iOS and Linux is a plus. Recent or upcoming graduates are encouraged to apply.
|Position:||Software Engineer (Entry Level)|
|Reports To:||Director of Engineering|
|Salary:||Based Upon Experience|
|Full/Part Time:||Full Time|
- Experience developing software in C or C++.
- Understanding of operating systems and multithreaded programming concepts.
- Good analytical ability.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- UNFORTUNATELY, NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE.
- Experience developing embedded software for Linux and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Experience writing device drivers or device level programming.
- Familiarity with common IC devices and protocols (EEPROM, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Familiarity with hardware debugging tools (oscilloscopes, DMM, etc.)
- Excellent ability to accomplish work independently and collaborate with other software and hardware engineers.
- Must possess tons of common sense, excellent troubleshooting skills, non-stop curiosity, and a thirst to educate yourself on new technologies.
- Knowledge of professional audio is a plus.
- Knowledge of RF systems is a plus.
Sound Devices is a small, nimble company where you can make a big impact and work on a variety of projects and technologies. If you want a slow-moving place where you work on a single thing for years, this is not the gig for you. We are a hard-working team and we make magic happen. Each of us wears many hats, and the aforementioned list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package, including excellent health care, dental, and 401k.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.
Sound Devices creates and manufactures professional audio and RF equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to semi-pro users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin, and London, England. Visit www.sounddevices.com to learn more.