Sound recordist for the Grateful Dead documentary Long Strange Trip looks back on his own professional sound career and what role Sound Devices played in his success.Continue reading “David Silberberg”
Production sound mixer, Devendra Cleary, CAS, lives out his dream on the set of The Last Man on Earth.
The Sound Devices 970 and Video Devices PIX 260i, PIX 270i rack-mount recorders allow the user to define a unique network name for network identification. While this feature allows for great flexibility, there are some precautions that need to be taken when selecting the network name of the device. In order to create reliable connections, only use recommended characters and limit the network name to 15 characters.Continue reading “Network Naming Convention for the 970 and PIX 260i / PIX 270i”
- RS-422 Servo Lock Status Bit implemented to support transport control from more DAWs and NLEs.
- Added Dante Sync option to Menu>Timecode/Sync > Sync Ref
- Updated Dante Brooklyn II Firmware to 126.96.36.199
- Jumping to cue points within WAV files sometimes terminated playback and produced ‘Unable to play this file” error messages.
- Synchronization with MADI sources improved.
- Audio level increased when locating to cue markers during playback of WAV files.
- Sometimes failed to appear as a Dante Device in the Audio Source List after disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet.