The A-FILTER-R for Balanced Microphones improves RF immunity for microphones, specifically when connected to digital wireless transmitters like the A10-TX.
The instructions below describe how to mount the A-FILTER-R for Balanced Microphones into a female right angle XLR connector.
Before starting assembly, please make note of the following:
- The A-FILTER-R should be placed as close to the microphone as possible. The benefit of the RF filter is significantly reduced if placed downstream of the microphone connector.
- For use with Cable Techniques CT-LPXLR-3F female right angle XLR connector only.
- The A-FILTER-R does not degrade the audio signal, affect phantom voltage, or draw any power in any way.
- The A-FILTER-R, available from both Sound Devices and Audio Limited.
- The circuit board was designed to be used with the Cable Techniques CT-LPXLR-3F connector only.
- Solder, soldering iron, and allen wrench for cable assembly.
Note: Installing the A-FILTER-R assumes knowledge of proper cable soldering and termination.
Disconnect the right angle XLR female connector and cleanly desolder the existing cable from the insert. If this is a new cable assembly, this step is not necessary.
Take note of the polarity labeled on the circuit board.
Connect the individual conductors of the cable to the appropriate +, – and GND terminals on the circuit board.
Solder the A-FILTER-R circuit board to the connector insert. Make certain to align the connector pins with the labeled solder pads on the board.
Place the connector in the housing.
Reattach end cap. Replace allen screws and turn to secure. Installation is now complete.
Test the cable for continuity and correct polarity.