Tag: MixPre-3 II
The 8-Series is used by professional sound mixers worldwide to capture audio for renowned films and episodic series. Training your students on the 8-Series now will give them the advantage when they enter the industry after graduation. The Scorpio, 888, and 833 excel in any production scenario thanks to their ultra low-noise preamplifiers, Dante in and out (Scorpio/888), two automixing algorithms, optional noise suppression plugins, remote control from phones and tablets via the SD-Remote application and plenty of flexibility for inputs, outputs, media, control surfaces, and powering.
María Mejía Yepes, assistant professor and coordinator of the Audio Program concentration at the Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College, learned production sound on Sound Devices mixer-recorders. Now she’s teaching her students the art and craft of location sound using Scorpios and MixPre-6s.
“I started with a 702 and not only liked the quality of its preamps but how user-friendly it was, then moved to the 744T, 552, and 664. It was a natural decision to me to go for it, even though at the time I was hired, the school had different field recorders.”
MixPre II Series
The MixPre II Series is lightweight, compact, and highly portable. Its 32-bit float bit depth offers an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range in a small chassis that is perfect for long days of bag work. Like the 8-Series, the MixPre II Series features boutique preamplifiers designed by Sound Devices, so your students can get pristine sound during budget productions.
Mark Vogelsang, Program Director of Audio for Visual Media at the Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology (OIART), chose Sound Devices mixer-recorders for their ubiquity and longevity.
“I did a survey of graduates on who is using what in production sound, and all are currently or have used Sound Devices products as a main recorder/mixer plus multiple SD units for backup. We want our graduates to be ready to go out on their own as well as assisting professionals who have been in the industry for some time, they all use SD products, therefore our graduates have to be comfortable with what the industry uses. They can easily adapt to other recorders if they’ve learned on a Sound Devices unit.”
MixPre II Series
MixPre-10 IILearn More
MixPre-3 IILearn More
MixPre-6 IILearn More
Sound Devices Introduces Reporter Plugin for MixPre
REEDSBURG, WISC., MAY 10, 2022 – Sound Devices introduced the “Reporter Plugin” for the MixPre-3, MixPre-6, MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II. With the new plugin, a sound professional, broadcaster, or organization can fully configure a MixPre to their requirements and lock the menus before handing off the unit to a journalist, reporter, remote interviewee, or another contributor. The plugin is available for purchase on Sound Devices’ online store for $30.Continue reading “Sound Devices Introduces Reporter Plugin for MixPre”
MixPre Firmware v8.00
- Support for the Reporter Plugin – an optional paid plugin for MixPre-3, MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6, and MixPre-6 II. Simplify the settings of your MixPre so your contributors can focus on capturing great content. The Reporter plugin allows you to configure your MixPre in advance and then lock the menus. Send it off with a journalist, interviewee, or another contributor in confidence!
- File transfer mode and USB audio with both class compliant and ASIO drivers are now approved for use with Windows 11.
- Elapsed record time now includes the pre-roll time.
- Take number is reset to 001 when a new project is created.
- Firmware updating is now prohibited when power is low.
- Legacy MixPre-3, MixPre-6, and MixPre-10T now always format SD cards that are 32 GB or less. This was not an issue with the MixPre II Series.
- Limiters no longer remain disabled when changing from Advanced to Basic mode.
MixPre Firmware v7.17
- Rare, brief interruptions of audio in recorded files and USB outputs no longer occur.