MixPre-3, -6, -10T
- Rare occurrence of a zero length file due to pre-roll settings has been eliminated.
- MixPre buffer errors no longer inaccurately reported as Media Slow errors.
- Improved error handling and reporting.
- Other performance optimizations and stability improvements.
Please read and follow the steps below carefully. You may want to print them before upgrading firmware.
Sound Devices recommends saving a setup file prior to loading new firmware.
Prepare to Update
- Download the MixPre firmware file
MixPre_ 3.03.zipusing the link above.
From the zip archive, extract the file within named
MixPre_ 3.03.prgfile. Copy this .prg file to the root level (not within a folder) of an SD memory card that has already been formatted by the MixPre recorder.
- Power the MixPre via USB-C to external DC power or via “fully charged” batteries. Do not perform the update with low batteries or unstable power sources.
- Insert the SD card with the .prg file.
- Power on the MixPre.
- Navigate to System > Update Firmware and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the update is complete the recorder will power cycle itself. The version number
MixPre_ 3.03will be displayed briefly on the splash screen while booting up. A message box appears “Firmware updated successfully Version:
MixPre_ 3.03“. Tap “OK”. Please note any changes or additions to the main Menu (if applicable). Consult product documentation for details.