AMSTERDAM, SEPTEMBER 16, 2019 – The Sound Devices Scorpio premium portable mixer-recorder won PSNEurope’s “Best of Show” Award at IBC 2019. This year marked the Scorpio’s debut at Amsterdam’s International Broadcasting Show. Other new products that premiered at IBC were the Sound Devices 833 portable compact mixer-recorder and the MixPre II Series.Continue reading “Sound Devices Scorpio Wins PSNEurope Best of Show Award at IBC 2019”
- Support for the 833 Portable Compact Mixer-Recorder.
- Channel Screen Navigation from Icon Platform B+, Behringer X-TOUCH, and Mackie MCU Pro USB Controllers. Inputs button enters the channel screen. Button remains illuminated while in the channel screen. Navigation in the channel screen is as follows:
- Up: navigates the same way as jog wheel counter-clockwise turn.
- Down: navigates the same way as jog wheel clockwise turn.
- Right: toggles selection.
- Left: exits to previous screen.
- Support for SD-Remote v2.10.
- USB control is now disabled while updating firmware.
- Icon X+ now displays next take when pressing and holding Stop on the Icon Platform M+.
- Channel Groups are now cleared after restoring factory default settings.
- Screenshot images now include popup message boxes.
- Linked channel metering in the channel screen no longer freezes when changing pre- or post-fade routing to track.
- Scorpio no longer displays inaccurate frequencies when using an Audio Ltd A10-RX with TV Channel Map set to Y.
- Scorpio no longer prevents scrolling above TV sub-channel eight when using an Audio Ltd A10-RX.
- Files that have been deleted by sending a folder to trash no longer appear in the Take List.
- Playback tracks are now properly aligned.
- Various performance improvements.
- Sound Report take lists are now sorted in chronological order (most recent take at the end).
- Rare instance of Trim and Fader controls becoming unresponsive no longer occurs.
- SD-Remote report creation no longer fails if both ‘Include Siblings’ and ‘Email’ are enabled.
REEDSBURG, WIS., AUGUST 26, 2019 – Sound Devices announces firmware version 2.00 for Scorpio: a 32 channel, 36 track portable mixer-recorder designed for state-of-the-art production sound. Firmware version 2.00 includes Dugan Automixing and other anticipated features such as support for additional third party USB control surfaces and the ability to email CSV and PDF Sound Reports from the companion app SD-Remote.
- Dugan Automixing is now available on up to 16 channels.
- Support for additional third party USB control surfaces via the MCU protocol.
- Icon Platform X+
- Icon Platform B+
- Behringer X-TOUCH
- Mackie MCU Pro
- Support for SD-Remote Sound Report features, including the ability to email CSV and PDF versions.
- SuperSlot support for Sennheiser EK-6042.
- Set frequency, calibration tone, squelch level, and pilot squelch of the Sennheiser EK-6042 from the Scorpio user interface.
- Monitor RF signal strength, TX battery levels, and active antenna.
- EK-6042 does not support RF Scan via the Scorpio. All scans need to be run from the EK-6042 itself.
- Power Status indicator added to Meters screen indicating current power source and status.
- Support for nested record folders: create up to 3 tiers of folders, not including mono take folders.
- Custom mapping of third party controller buttons to Scorpio functions.
- New shortcuts for Automixer Mode On/Off plus Edit Scene, Edit Take, Edit Notes for the */** toggles and Menu+PFL shortcuts.
- New USB-A Charge Out menu with settings for 500 mA and 1.5 A.
- Ctrl + P from keyboard now captures a screenshot as a PNG.
- Support for SD-Remote v2.00.
- Icon Platform M+ LEDs now illuminate upon press. If the button performs a latching function the button will illuminate until deactivated.
- Cursor is now automatically placed on far-right digit in the Take Edit Screen. This allows for quicker navigation when editing take numbers.
- Sound Report file names now include folder name and date.
- Channel Screen Track Name display no longer disappears with long entries.
- Meter Zoom function now allows multiple changes without having to release and pressing the Meter button again.
- Improved meter functionality.
- Power menu voltage readings no longer freeze.
- Channel screen options no longer intermittently show incorrect status when set from Icon Platform M+.
- Output level of a selected output is no longer adjusted by any Icon Platform M+ fader while in Output mode.
- Remaining record time shown in the File List Drive screen no longer omits L and R tracks from the calculation.
- Auto Mute function now applies to AES Outputs.
- Icon Platform M+ now shows -Inf instead of Off when faders are pulled all the way down.
- Various performance improvements.
- SL-6 seamlessly switches over to the secondary SL-6 power source when the primary source has been depleted or removed.
- Lectrosonics SuperSlot functions, including RF Scan, Frequency Tuning, Pilot Tone Bypass indication, and IR Sync (SRc models), have been improved.
- Wisycom SuperSlot functions, including saving changes to RX Frequency, RF Group Scan, and Frequency Lock indication, have been improved.
- Rare occurrence of armed tracks not being recorded after a certain navigation sequence has been resolved.
- Toggling Rtn switch no longer causes a system lock up when in the X7 – X10 screens.
- Rare occurrence of high pass filter not being applied after loading a setup file no longer occurs.
- Rare system lock ups when splitting or stopping recordings no longer occurs.
- Rare occurrences of trim and fader pots being unresponsive no longer occurs.
- Timecode offset of up to two frames in file stamp no longer occurs.
- External Timecode Continuous mode now continues to hold timecode when an external timecode source is removed.
- Various system performance improvements.
- As a reminder, please update SD-Remote to v1.21.