The steps below outline ways to improve the connectivity of the USBPre 2.(more…)
- DC offset issue with A/D values.
Sound Devices has introduced Windows ASIO® drivers for the USBPre 2. With the addition of ASIO, the USBPre 2 can now connect to popular DAW software platforms in Windows, such as ProTools 9.(more…)
- Output sample rate, bit depth, and category code included in S/PDIF channel status bits for increased compatibility with S/PDIF inputs.
- Locks to S/PDIF sample rate of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 176.4 kHz in stand-alone mode.
The USBPre 2 can be used as an audio input and output device with Apple's iPad. An iPad running IOS 3.2 and 4.2 can use USB Class-Compliant audio devices, such as the USBPre 2 for audio I/O. Because the iPad does not provide full bus-powering, an external, powered hub is required. Supplies needed:
- USBPre 2
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, which includes the dock-to-USB adapter
- powered USB hub
- standard USB interconnection cord
Steps for interconnection with an iPad: 1. Connect the powered USB hub to the iPad using the Apple dock-to-USB adapter. 2. Hold down the input 1 button on the USBPre 2 and continue to hold it while connecting to the powered hub. Holding this button forces the USBPre 2 to be a USB Class 1 device (versus USB Class 2, its normal operation). 3. Verify that audio is routed to the USBPre 2. Please note that use of external USB audio devices is an undocumented feature of the iPad and IOS.