Test Engineer – Madison, WI
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Test Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the software, hardware, and fixtures used to perform automated testing of Sound Devices products. They work with the engineering group to develop testing strategies for new products, and they support the production, service, and contract manufacturers who perform automated testing.
- 5+ years of experience in electronic product development, testing, or manufacturing
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment and techniques
- Object-oriented programming experience using .NET
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, layout drawings, and data sheets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and rework, including surface-mount technology
- Experience with embedded processors and firmware
- Experience with electronic design tools like PADS Logic and PADS Layout
- Experience with SQL and VB6
- Experience with Windows drivers
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send an E-mail to [email protected] with the name of the position you are inquiring. No Visa Sponsorship available. No telephone inquiries, please!
For over 20 years, Sound Devices has created premier audio equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious amateur users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Watford, UK.