Full/Part Time: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Hardware/Test Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the software, hardware, and fixtures used to perform automated testing of Sound Devices products. They work with the engineering group to develop testing strategies for new products, and they support the production, service, and contract manufacturers who perform automated testing.
- 5+ years of experience in electronic product development, testing, or manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of circuitry and electronic hardware: digital, analog, RF.
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment and techniques
- Object-oriented programming experience using .NET
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, layout drawings, and data sheets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and rework, including surface-mount technology
- Experience with embedded processors and firmware
- Experience with electronic design tools like PADS Logic and PADS Layout
- Experience with SQL and VB6
- Experience with Windows drivers
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, VTL, LTD, paid time off and parental leave.
The above statements are a general description of the work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. No visa sponsorship available.
To apply for this position, E-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion pictures, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.