- Maximum of 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
- Dynamic range exceeding 120 dB
- 10 Hz to 50 kHz audio bandwidth
- High immunity to RF interference
- High current line output driver
- Transformer-balanced input and output
- Extended range peak limiter via dual opto-isolators makes preamplifier virtually “unclippable”
- Selectable 48-volt / 12-volt phantom power or 12-volt “T” power
- High-pass filter @ 80 or 160 Hz, 6 dB per octave
- Headphone monitoring of microphone audio, monitor audio, or a mix of both
- Monitor input accepts mono, balanced or unbalanced line-level inputs on 1/4-inch tip-ring-sleeve connector
- Separate level control of Monitor gain and overall headphone gain
- Split ear function via DIP switches
- Internal battery power (two-AA)
- Excellent battery life with alkaline and NiMH rechargeable batteries
- External 5-17 VDC powering
- High-strength aluminum chassis with durable belt clip
Battery-powered microphone preamplifier with headphone monitoring. 48 V phantom and T-power, limiter, high-pass filter. 2-AA or external DC powered.
The MM-1: High Quality Mic Preamp with Headphone Monitor
The MM-1 is at home in high-definition television production, corporate/industrial environments, radio/television announce booths, and music production. Its headphone monitor is an advantage in applications where communications channels or mix-minus feeds need to be monitored in headphones. The user can monitor both microphone audio and external audio sources in headphones with level control.
The MM-1 is designed to be durable. Its aluminum chassis, oversized end panels, machined knobs, and panel mounted connectors assure reliable mechanical operation.
Highly Versatile and Portable
Sound Devices’ MM-1 is a single-channel, portable microphone preamplifier with a powerful headphone monitoring function. Proven in mission-critical applications, the high-performance microphone preamplifier uses a transformer-balanced input and output with a bipolar ±15 volt power supply to produce low-noise, low-distortion gain at all switch positions. It features an “unclippable” dual-stage limiter and two-position high-pass filter. Flexible microphone powering provides phantom power at 48 volts or 12 volts and 12-volt T-power. It is powered from two AA batteries or external 5-17 VDC.
Go here for recommended third-party power supplies and recommended third-party locking connector.
One-year standard warranty turns into two-years upon registration.
What’s in the box:
- MM-1 Mic Preamp
- Coaxial female power connector
- 4 Adhesive rubber “bumpers”
Extend your one year warranty to a two year warranty by registering.
Request service from one of our authorized technicians.
Request a Repair
Have a question for our support team? We are here to help.