Frame Rate Converter and Scaler
The PIX 270i features a powerful hardware scaler and frame rate converter. Up, down, cross-conversion and pulldown removal give users the ability to record files in a customer-requested rate, even rates not supported by the camera.
The on-board high-accuracy Ambient timecode generator makes the PIX 270i right at home on any production from simple single camera shoots, to complex multi-camera sync-sound productions. All common timecode frame rates and modes are supported. Embedded timecode over SDI and HDMI is also supported.
Extensive Video I/O
The video input on the PIX 270i has extensive compatibility with a wide range of cameras. It’s BNC input accepts 12-bit 3G SDI (4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr), HD-SDI, SDI. Its HDMI input accepts high-definition and standard-definition video.
With its 3G-SDI 4:4:4 input, recording to ProRes 4444 offers recordings that are perceptually indistinguishable from the original source material.
Time Saving Efficiency
- Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer.
- Access and transfer files over Ethernet.
- Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files.
- Recording on up to four drives provides immediate file copies and back up, as well as long-form recording.
Expandable and Networkable
- Group control of multiple PIX recorders facilitates multi-camera recording.
- Frame synchronized recording and playback.
- 64 channels of MADI audio and 64 channels of Dante audio I/O for large-scale audio systems.
High-Quality HD Video
- 12-bit 4:4:4 over 3G-SDI I/O.
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444
- Multi-camera studio production.
- Live Event sports and concerts.
- Multi-channel video playback applications.
- Frame synchronized multiple video channel playback for Live Events, Digital Signage, Museum
multi-screen looped presentations, Video walls, Quad screen 4k presentations etc. (native
- Mobile Production OB Truck.
- Frame synchronized multi-cam recording for Production, Live Events, Mobile OBs and 2D/3D
One-year standard warranty turns into two-years upon registration.
Click Here for more information.
What’s in the Box:
- PIX 270i Video Recorder
- Power Supply
- 10-pin Phoenix Screw Terminal Block
- 4 Adhesive rubber “bumpers”
There is currently no FAQ for this product.
Extend your one year warranty to a two year warranty by registering.
Request service from one of our authorized technicians.
Request a Repair
Have a question for our support team? We are here to help.
There are no In Action posts for this product.