8-Series Firmware v3.10
- Support for the new XL-AES: 8 Channel AES3 Input Expander for 8-Series optional accessory.
- New Headphone Encoder Mode menu option. Allows you to change the action of the headphone encoder to adjust headphone volume or presets.
- New graphical EQ screen when adjusting a channel’s EQ parameters.
- New USB audio 2 channel input and output via USB-C to Windows and Mac computers. Mac computers allow up to 192 kHz sampling rates and Windows allows up to 96 kHz sampling rates.
- Edit Scene Name has been added as a PFL switch action and controller learn option.
- Ability to turn EQ on and off from Sound Devices CL-12. Press and hold LF pot for 500 ms to toggle EQ on and off.
- Auto Mute outputs on Playback, Stop, and Record.
- Added power reference option for NP1 data batteries.
- Sound Report improvements:
- Unpopulated sound report fields no longer included.
- Options to only email PDF report, CSV report or both.
- Option to not zip files when sending reports.
- Option to populate the Roll name with the Record Folder name. User can still manually override this.
- Roll name is now displayed at the top of the Sound Report.
- Date field is now second row from the top, one below Roll Name.
- Removed Sound Devices watermark to declutter report.
- Metadata columns now auto-adjust width to contents.
- Track name column labels renamed to Trk1, Trk2, Trk3, etc.
- Current draw has been reduced, allowing for longer run times on a given power source.
- External Li-Ion battery shut-off voltage threshold has been reduced from 12.5 to 11.5 V.
This allows for longer run times and is better suited to the battery’s capabilities.
- Input Delay is now incremented in 0.1 mS steps to accommodate for the various delays of wireless systems.
- LED Brightness is now adjustable from 0 to 100% in 1% increments.
- When entering a Channel Screen, the last field accessed is now automatically highlighted instead of the topmost field.
- A single notification bell sounds when performing a manual record split and when arming/disarming a track during record.
- A double notification bell sounds when a recording is stopped. Another double bell will sound when the post-roll has either expired or has been cancelled.
- Notification bells are now sent to the headphone monitor when listening to Com Returns or Returns.
- All EQ parameters are now linked when channels are linked.
- Battery telemetry information is no longer displayed for non-smart or data power references.
- Take List now displays the last 1000 takes.
- Record Run timecode values are now recalled when the mixer-recorder is shutdown by pulling power.
- Rare system lock up during a firmware update with the Sound Devices CL-12 connected has been eliminated.
- Arming and disarming tracks from the Sound Devices CL-12 now accurately triggers a record split.
- Metadata and filename edits during record are now successfully updated when buses are routed as mono to media.
- Select buses are no longer inaccessible after unlinking a bus pair.
- File time stamps are now accurately calculated after setting the system time, date, and GMT zone.
- Signal of the right output now correctly mutes when set to AES.
- System lock up no longer occurs when attempting to edit a scene name with no applicable files on media.
- Timecode values are no longer inaccurate after switching from External Timecode to Time-of-Day or Free Run modes.
- Incorrect Meter View is no longer displayed when Stop is pressed following a power cycle.
- Linking channels set to AES42 now allows access to both AES42 channels.
- Fader level and link status are now correctly restored following changes to a channel group.
- Com Rtn signals routed to X3/X4 (833), X5/X6 (888), or X7/X8 (Scorpio) now persist over power cycles.
- Return A metering now shows signal level on the correct channel.
- Take names are now updated when viewing the mixer-recorder’s Take List while making metadata changes from SD-Remote.
- Improvements to timecode operation.
- Rare persistent lockup on boot up no longer occurs.
- Various system enhancements and improvements.