For over 25 years, Sound Devices has created premier audio equipment that helps sound professionals capture the most pristine audio in the world. You can find our products on the sets of your favorite award-winning movies, TV shows, and documentaries. Our customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class products. We design, assemble, and support our products at our headquarters in Reedsburg, Wisconsin and our offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Rickmansworth, UK.
If you’re an Electronics Enthusiasts who enjoys component level troubleshooting, we want to meet you! We have a full-time, first shift Electronics Technician position opening at our Reedsburg, Wisconsin facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio and video equipment including field mixers, digital recorders, and digital wireless systems to the component level.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products while following ESD control standards.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Build and repair customized cable assemblies to print.
- Provide a detailed summary of the work performed for each repair.
- Identify and report quality issues and failure trends.
- Perform functional and automated tests on Sound Devices products.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 2-year associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Proficient in the use of digital storage oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, stereo microscopes, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of ESD control standards.
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment, audio circuitry and switching power supplies a plus.
Sound Devices offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, VTL, LTD, paid time off and parental leave.
The above statements are a general description of the work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. No visa sponsorship available.
To apply for this position, E-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sound Devices manufactures professional products including audio mixers, audio and video recorders, and related equipment used in television, motion pictures, and music production. Sound Devices customers range from highly technical professionals making their livelihood with Sound Devices equipment to serious-amateur users who seek the best-in-class product.