Audio Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sound Devices, a company which specialises in the manufacture of professional audio products that are used in film, television, and music production all over the world, is searching for an ambitious, driven individual to join our team. We promote a team environment and offer ongoing training and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio and video equipment including field mixers, digital recorders, and digital wireless systems to the component level.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products while following ESD control standards.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Build and repair customized cable assemblies to print.
- Provide a detailed summary of the work performed for each repair.
- Identify and report quality issues and failure trends.
- Perform functional and automated tests on Sound Devices products.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Educated to degree, HND, HN or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Proficient in the use of digital storage oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, stereo microscopes, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of ESD control standards.
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment, audio circuitry and switching power supplies a plus.
No Visa Sponsorship available.
Audio Ltd offers a competitive compensation package. The above statements are a general description of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position: please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] with the name of the position for which you are applying. No telephone inquiries please.