Download Firmware v4.01
- Limiter settings are now available in Custom Mode setups with Gain set to Advanced (MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, and MixPre-10 II).
- Improvements to SD card writing performance (all models).
- AAC rendering of Music Projects no longer results in error (applies to all models with Music features).
- Files with only Track R recorded now playback correctly (does not apply to M models).
- Record Buffer Errors no longer occur after cycling power while using Record Run timecode (MixPre-10T only).
- Various stability issues no longer occur when switching in and out of 32-bit float operation (MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10 II).
- Brief gap in LTC timecode output signal no longer occurs during a record split (MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II).
- Timecode no longer drifts or stamps to the file with an offset. (MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II)
- Various performance improvements.
Please read and follow the steps below carefully. You may want to print them before upgrading firmware.
Sound Devices recommends saving a setup file prior to loading new firmware.
Prepare to Update
- Download the MixPre firmware file MixPre_ 4.01.zip using the link above.
From the zip archive, extract the file within named MixPre_ 4.01.prg file. Copy this .prg file to the root level (not within a folder) of an SD memory card that has already been formatted by the MixPre recorder.
- Power the MixPre via USB-C to external DC power or via “fully charged” batteries. Do not perform the update with low batteries or unstable power sources.
- Insert the SD card with the .prg file.
- Power on the MixPre.
- Navigate to System > Update Firmware and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the update is complete the recorder will power cycle itself. The version number MixPre_ 4.01 will be displayed briefly on the splash screen while booting up. A message box appears “Firmware updated successfully Version: MixPre_ 4.01”. Tap “OK”. Please note any changes or additions to the main Menu (if applicable). Consult product documentation for details.