When updating from v6.00 or below to v7.00 or above, the firmware update process must be run twice. See installation instructions included within this firmware download for more information.
- Introducing NoiseAssist, an optional paid plugin for one instance of adaptive ambient noise suppression. NoiseAssist is an advanced signal processing algorithm that reduces background noises such as traffic, generators, HVAC noise, and more. It features a simple user interface with only one adjustment, the amount of background noise to suppress. The plugin is available now at store.sounddevices.com for an introductory price of $300. Available in Advanced mode or Custom modes with Record or Channel set to Advanced. (MixPre II Series Only)
- MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II now have output delay available.
When sending audio to video operators on a production set, output delay ensures that audio is in sync with camera video feeds. Outputs can be delayed from 0 to 400 ms.
- Output delay now applies to USB Outputs.
Prior to firmware v7.00, output delay only applied to analog outputs. Delay may be used to keep audio from USB outputs in sync with video streams, which inherently have more latency than audio.
(Only applies to MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10 II, and MixPre-10T)
- Support for P.I. Engineering’s X-keys® Programmable Keypads, Sticks & Keyboards.
X-keys products are programmable via P.I Engineering software to any standard USB keyboard functions. When mapped to the same keyboard functions as the MixPre’s USB Keyboard Shortcuts, these compact control surfaces can offer quick, tactile control of MixPre functions. Functions include Record, Stop, Play, and many more.
- USB 1 and 2 can now be used as sources for headphone presets in Audio mode.
- MixAssist is now available with all sampling rates at or below 48.048 kHz.
- MixPre no longer goes unresponsive when a keyboard command is sent while in the File List.
- Aux 1 and 2 routed to channels 5, 6 on MixPre-6 and -6 II or to channels 9, 10 on MixPre-10 T and -10 II no longer change levels when Playback is stopped.
- Audio level discrepancies between channel gain in basic mode and the USB Outputs no longer occur.
- Channels 5, 6 on MixPre-6 and -6 II or channels 9, 10 on MixPre-10T and -10 II are no longer panned incorrectly following a power cycle when Outputs are set to basic.
- Headphone Presets with linked pairs no longer only play one side of the linked pair.
- USB Output routing no longer allows both pre- and post-fade routing while in Custom modes with gain set to Basic and channel and outputs set to Advanced.
- Output and Headphone Limiters no longer remain active when switching to 32 Bit Float from 16- or 24-Bit with the limiters on.