Software Applications Supporting Markers and Cues
Question: What software applications have the ability to recognize the cue markers settable on the 7-series recorders?
Answer: We have tested and verified that the software applications below recognized the recorded cue markers set by the 7-series recorders.
Applications Supporting Markers:
- Sony -- Sound Forge 6+, Vegas 4+
- Syntrillium Cool Edit, Win
- Adobe Audition, Win
- BWF Widget, Win -- our friend Courtney
- Audiofile Engineering -- Wave Editor
- Twistedwave editor
Applications which presently do not support 7-Series cue markers:
- Digidesign -- Pro Tools, Windows and Mac
- Cakewalk Sonar, Win
- Steinberg Cubase, Win and Mac
- Audacity, Win and Mac
- Bias Peak, Mac
- Logic, Mac
Special Note regarding Pro Tools: Marker information in Pro Tools is not associated with the WAV file. Cues/markers are stored in a separate database file. Pro Tools markers are time-position markers that point to a position in the time-line not a position in a sound file.