Wave Agent is a simple, powerful tool to aid sound mixers in previewing audio files and performing essential metadata editing. In most cases, Wave Agent installs with no troubles in Mac OS. If you do have installation troubles, the steps below can help get Wave Agent up and running in the Mac OS environment.
Mac System Requirements
Make certain that your computer meets the minimum requirements before installing Wave Agent.
- Operating system: OS X (10.4 or greater), PPC or Intel hardware
- Hard drive storage: 45 MB for application, additional storage for any sound files being edited
- Memory: 1 GB
- Display resolution: 1024 x 600 (recommended minimum)
Downloading and Installing Wave Agent for Mac OS
To download and install the latest version of Wave Agent for Mac OS:
- Visit the Wave Agent Download page and fill out the E-mail, First Name, and Last Name fields, and select Macintosh OS X from the platform drop-down menu.
- An E-Mail will be sent immediately to the address provided containing a download link to the latest revision of Wave Agent. The download link is only valid for 24 hours.
- Follow the link embedded in the E-mail.
- Click Download Wave Agent x.x (version number) to begin the download. The file downloaded is called wave-agent-macos-x.xx.dmg.
- Double click on the dmg file to mount the disk image.
- Double click on the WaveAgentBetaInstall_MacVx_xx.mpkg to begin Wave Agent Installation.
- Follow the installation instructions; the computer will request a restart after the application has been installed.
- Launch Wave Agent and verify that the version number is the latest version. To do this, select About Wave Agent from the Wave Agent pull-down menu. If it isn’t the latest version, see the section below:
Problem: Wave Agent is Still Running the Previous Version After Update
If the version number displayed in the About Wave Agent menu is not the version installed it will be necessary to delete the previous version before installing the updated version. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Go to Applications folder.
- Locate the Wave Agent icon and drag it into the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
- Run the installer again. After installing and restarting the computer, launch Wave Agent and verify the version number by selecting About Wave Agent from the Wave Agent pull-down menu.
Problem: Connecting a 788T Causes New Network Interface Message
Connecting a 788T (with firmware revision 2.00 or higher) when set to Wave Agent CTRL mode via USB to a Mac can cause a dialog box to appear that reports “A new network interface has been detected”. This message appears because the Mac recognizes the 788T’s Wave Agent communications chip as a network device. The message appears automatically on the desktop in Mac OS 10.6. The message only appears in Mac OS 10.5 when opening Network System Preferences. Select Cancel to close the message. Wave Agent Meter Mode will work as normal. To prevent the pop-up message from appearing each time the 788T is connected to the computer, it is necessary to tell the Mac that the 788T’s communications chip is not a network device. To do this, remove the 788T’s communications chip from the network device list in Network System Preferences by following these step-by-step instructions.
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- From the list of devices click to highlight CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller.
- Click on the “- ” icon to remove it from the list.
- Click Apply.