Sometimes it’s necessary to uninstall an ASIO driver to update to a new driver or to troubleshoot issues. Please follow these steps in sequential order or your ASIO driver will not be successfully deleted.
- To begin uninstalling the driver, go to the Windows Start button and search Device Manager. Start the application. You will see the following window:
- Expand “Sound, video and game controllers” and select the ASIO driver for your audio interface. Note the current ASIO version number in the driver name.
- Right-click on your driver and select “Uninstall Device.”
- The following pop-up will appear. Click “Delete the driver software for this device.” Then, click “Uninstall.”
- In the main “Device Manager” window, expand “Universal Bus Series Controllers.” Note that there is also an ASIO file here. Select that driver, then repeat steps 3-4 for this file.
- After removing both files, restart your computer. You can navigate back to Device Manager after restarting to verify that the ASIO driver is no longer present.