USBPre 2 ASIO Driver Download
An updated ASIO® driver for the USBPre 2 by Ploytec is now available for download. This driver (v1.2) improves stability and performance with Windows 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
The software driver (available for download below) adds ASIO support in Windows OS for the USBPre 2. The ASIO driver for the USBPre 2 allows for low-latency operation and sample rates up to 192 KHz on Windows computers. This driver supports Windows XP, Vista, 10, 8, and 7, both 32- and 64-bit versions.
Note: If a previous version of the USBPre 2 ASIO driver is installed on the Windows-based computer, it should be uninstalled prior to installing a newer version. For uninstall instructions, see Uninstalling the ASIO Driver in the USBPre 2 User Guide.
Installation instructions for the ASIO driver are found in the USBPre 2 User Guide, but are provided here as a convenience. Carefully follow the directions below to download and install the driver.
- Download the latest USBPre 2 ASIO driver, which is a zipped file.
- Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file and select Extract All. Then, select a destination and click Extract.
- Locate and open the extracted folder.
- Connect the USBPre 2 to the computer with a standard USB A-to-B cable.
- Double click on the setup.cmd file in the extracted folder to begin the installation process.
- Click Run, when prompted, to run the installer program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the installation:
- When prompted to select a language, do so and click OK.
- When offered options to install, uninstall, or exit, click Install the driver.
- A dialog with a status bar appears to show progress. Each time a prompt for confirmation appears, click Install to continue.
- After the installation completes successfully, disconnect, and then reconnect the USBPre 2 prior to use.
ASIO® is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies.