Nature recordist / sound designer inspires while capturing birdsong and soundscapes with the 788T.
Danish audio recordist relies on Sound Devices throughout frantic TV and film schedule.
Industry veteran relies on a range of Sound Devices gear to capture and mix pristine audio under harsh outdoor conditions.
Products (1 plus 1) : Sound Devices Products Warranty
Items covered by this warranty:
302, 442, 442N, 552, 633, 664, 688, 702, 702T, 722, 744T, 788T, 788T-SSD, 833, 888, CL-12, HX-3, MD-4, MixPre, MixPre-10 II, MixPre-10M, MixPre-10T, MixPre-3, MixPre-3 II, MixPre-3M, MixPre-6, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-6M, MixPre-D, MM-1, MP-1, MP-2, Scorpio, USBPre, USBPre 2
PIX 220i, PIX 240i, PIX 250i, PIX 260i, PIX 270i, PIX-E5/E5H, PIX-E7
Sound Devices, LLC warrants the items listed above against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) year from date of original retail purchase. Users who register their product directly with Sound Devices Technical Support using the online form or by phone, will receive an additional ONE (1) year of warranty coverage, extending the complete warranty period to TWO (2) years from the date of original retail purchase. In order to extend the warranty coverage period, registration must be completed within the initial ONE (1) year warranty period. Products must be purchased through authorized Sound Devices resellers to qualify for Warranty coverage. Damage resulting from the opening of a Sound Devices product or attempted repairs by a non-authorized Sound Devices repair technician will void warranty coverage.
This is a non-transferable warranty that extends only to the original purchaser. Sound Devices, LLC will repair or replace the product at its discretion at no charge. Warranty claims due to severe service conditions will be addressed on an individual basis.
THE WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE. SOUND DEVICES, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOUND DEVICES, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. Because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitations set forth above, they may not apply in all cases.
For all service, including warranty repair, please contact Sound Devices for an RMA (return merchandise authorization) before sending your unit in for repair. Product returned without an RMA number may experience delays in repair. When sending a unit for repair, please do not include accessories, including SSD drives, CF cards, batteries, power supplies, carry cases, cables, or adapters unless instructed by Sound Devices. Sound Devices repairs and replacements may be completed using refurbished, returned or used parts that have been factory certified as functionally equivalent to new parts.
Sound Devices, LLC
Services Repair RMA #XXXXX
E7556 State Road 23 and 33
Reedsburg, WI 53959 USA
- Settings are now saved to internal flash memory in a more robust and secure way, significantly reducing the likelihood of random loss or corruption of user settings.
- Known issues
- Slightly delayed reaction when enabling tracks using the CL-9 Track Buttons.
- When C-linking 788T’s, if the source 788T is set to record multiple mono files to more than one media, it can sometimes miss sending a record start command to the sync device. For this reason, it is recommended that the source 788T is set to record to Poly wave files if recording to more than one media.
- CL-9 Trim Levels are not correctly restored after a power cycle. Workaround: Check trim levels after power cycles. A slight adjustment of the encoder will return the trim level to the set value prior to power down.
- CL-9 Encoder Acceleration 2-Speed and 3-Speed settings do not work correctly when a USB keyboard is connected to the CL-9. Workarounds: Use Classic or Fixed Encoder Acceleration Modes or disconnect the USB keyboard and use CL-1, CL-WIFI, or Wave Agent Control Mode to enter/edit metadata.
Take an in-depth look at Mix Assist, an available feature on the 788T that improves audio quality in environments with multiple open microphones.Continue reading “788T Mix Assist Feature Overview”